Everyday Mobile from Woolworths Collection Notice
Effective Date: 15 Feb 2021
Why we collect your information (Collection Notice)
At Everyday Mobile from Woolworth, we care deeply about your privacy and that means giving you what you need to make informed choices.
We want to make it simple for you to understand how we collect, use and share your personal information, so please read on to find out more.
Phone: 1300 908 631
Post: Privacy Officer Woolworths Group Limited
PO Box 8000
BAULKHAM HILLS NSW 2153
First and foremost, we collect personal information such as your name, contact details, date of birth, your mobile number and payment card details to:
- verify your identity and other account information as required by law when you activate or use a telecommunication service we provide (including pre-paid services)
- manage your account and provide ongoing support; and
- communicate with you about our services and seek your feedback
We may also collect your contact details and your identity verification documents for purposes including:
- process your application including any credit checks (see Woolworths' Credit & Collections Policy);
- collecting amounts owed to Everyday Mobile from Woolworths (including through collection agencies and credit reporting bodies);
- undertaking fraud detection activities;
- participating in the credit reporting systems; and
- as required or permitted by law.
without the personal information necessary to conduct these activities, we will not be able to provide you with Everyday Mobile from Woolworths services.
You can provide us with your Everyday Rewards number when you apply for a Everyday Mobile from Woolworths number so we can deliver personalised rewards and additional discounts to you via our loyalty program.
We use your personal information to understand your preferences, to recommend and advertise features, products and services that may be of interest to you, and to personalise your experience with Woolworths.
You will be supported by the Everyday Mobile from Woolworths team for all your needs. We will rely on Telstra as our telco provider to resolve network related issues including requests for a silent number.
Want to know more
Woolworths may provide 'credit' (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988) to our customers in connection with our products and services.
If you apply for a product or service for which Woolworths provides you with credit, such as, for example, post-paid telecommunication services, we will disclose your application to a credit reporting body to advise us of your credit-worthiness and to verify your personal details as mentioned above.
The credit reporting body may include this information in reports that it provides to other credit providers to assist them in assessing your credit-worthiness.
In addition to the purposes outlined above, we collect personal information to:
- communicate with you about your purchases
- seek your feedback
- respond to your enquiries and complaints
- monitor for and protect against fraud
- collect outstanding debts
- improve our business generally and better understand customer needs, including by monitoring or recording our interactions with you for training purposes
- keep our records accurate and up-to-date
- as required or permitted by law.
We may need to collect other types of personal information necessary to deliver you the services of Everyday Mobile from Woolworths or respond to your broader needs or for purposes within your reasonable expectation or as permitted by law.
Telecommunications laws and regulations require us to collect certain information about your use of our services, such as the date, time and duration of communications and we may share your personal information if required to do so by law. These laws and regulations may also require Woolworths to collect and share personal information beyond Woolworths for reasons that include:
- Verifying your identity for prepaid services;
- helping to maintain a public telephone number Integrated Public Number Database (IPND), to make your mobile number more private, or to exclude your number from the public directory, please contact us or visit the ACMA siteto find out more;
- To ensure emergency service organisations can access information such as contact details or device locations when needed; and
- to assist law enforcement authorities in their investigations if required by law.
We may also disclose your credit information to credit reporting bodies such as Equifax. For further details please see Woolworths' Credit & Collections Policy.
We are committed to keeping your service private and secure.
We will confirm your identity before allowing access to your account. To protect your own privacy, we suggest you do not share your account information or passwords with other people.
If you have a query or complaint you would like to discuss with us relating to a privacy matter, you can contact the Woolworths Group Privacy Officer.
If you would like to opt-out of marketing communications and promotions of Everyday Mobile from Woolworths products, you can change your marketing preferences by logging into your Everyday Mobile from Woolworths and your Everyday Rewards account.