Education information about Scam Calls, SMS and other communications
Scammers use numerous methods to impersonate legitimate businesses to obtain personal and private information. They will often claim to be from well-known brands such as Woolworths, the Government or organisations you're likely to know.The purpose of this document is to provide our customers information on:
- The types of scam calls and scam SMS related fraud risks to which you may be exposed.
- How to identify scam calls.
- How to identify scam SMS and emails.
- How to identify Scam Websites.
- The steps to take to mitigate fraud risks from scam communications.
- Products or services to assist in blocking suspicious or unwanted scam communications.
- What to do if you have received scam communications.
What are the types of scam communication related fraud risks
- Financial loss.
- Identity take-over.
How to identify scam calls
Here are some signs that a call may be fraudulent:
- Calls from people impersonating employees from well-known organisations, such as the Government, or familiar companies asking for your information.
- Calls seeking financial details, such as your credit card or banking details, in order to process a refund or other ‘overpayment’ which you are not aware of or have not requested.
- Calls seeking to access your computer remotely.
Some guidelines to follow:
- Do not give out any personal details if you are unsure of the caller and hang-up.
- Don't respond to missed calls that come from numbers you don't recognise. Calling back may result in instant charges in excess of $20.
- Be careful of phone numbers beginning with "190". These are charged at a premium rate and can be expensive.
- Be careful of being tricked into calling expensive international phone numbers.
How to identify scam SMS or email: Here are some signs that a SMS or email may be fraudulent:
- It is from an unknown, unidentifiable or unverified sender.
- An unexpected SMS messages asking for your personal or financial details.
- SMS and MMS numbers that start with 19xx. These are charged at a premium rate and can be expensive. Also look out for numbers that start with an international country code other than +61, which is Australia's country code.
- Messages promising unexpected prizes that require you to send money to claim themTexts that encourage you to click a link or which may then ask you to install a piece of software on your mobile phone or tablet. Just like computers, malicious software can put your phone and personal information at risk.
- Unaddressed or generically addressed emails, such as "Dear Customer".
- Badly written emails with broken sentences, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and words in a foreign language.
- Suspicious looking URLs.
- Emails that include a zip file, an .exe or other suspicious attachment.
- Emails that display account information that doesn't match your Everyday Mobile from Woolworths account details.
- Requests for your credit card, passwords, account details or personal information either by replying to the email, or by asking you to 'click a link' and fill in a web form.
Some guidelines to follow:
- Don't reply to the SMS or email.
- Don't provide any personal details.
- Don't click on any links.
- Don't open any attachments.
- Don't call any numbers associated with the SMS or email.
How to identify Scam Websites:
Scam websites can be difficult to spot. If you come across a website that you suspect is fraudulent, here are some guidelines to assist in detecting if it could be a scam and what to do:
- Look out for incorrect spelling and grammar, and poor layout, imagery and styling.
- If you accidentally click on a link which opens a website, don't enter any information onto the website.
- Don't call any numbers associated with the website.
- Don't click on any links.
Products or services to assist in Blocking suspicious or unwanted Scam Calls and Scam SMS
- Use ad blockers, spam protection and other content filters to help block potentially malicious items.
- Consider enabling call screening and protection software which may be available in your mobile phone's operating system.
The steps to take to mitigate fraud risks from scam communications
The best way to protect yourself is through awareness and education. You can find out more information at https://www.accc.gov.au/national-anti-scam-centre.
What to do if you have received scam calls and scam SMS
If you suspect it's a scam call, SMS, email or website, please don't give away any personal details or access direct links . Block the suspected spam number and report to Scamwatch: https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam. If you've shared other personally sensitive information, such as your driver's licence number, Medicare, passport or contact details (such as your phone number or address), then you may want to visit IDCare at https://www.idcare.org - they can help you formulate a response plan to address potential identity theft. Consider filing a report at https://www.acorn.gov.au. This will assist law enforcement become better resourced to provide assistance to victims. Additionally,
- Stay calm. As frustrating as it is to learn that you may be at risk, keeping focussed and calm will help you manage your response properly.
- Think carefully about what information, or access, you may have provided to criminals. Take an inventory and write down what you remember sharing or entering into the fraudulent website.
- If you provided any banking or other financial details such as a credit card number, contact your financial institution immediately. Be sure to monitor your accounts closely in the future as well.
- If you provided any usernames or passwords, immediately change your passwords to a new and secure version.
To report a suspected scams to Everyday Mobile from Woolworths, please contact us at email@example.com
Prepaid 30 day plans
>> Offer applies to new customers who activate a $30 or $35 Everyday Mobile from Woolworths 30 day Prepaid Plan and existing customers who upgrade from an existing Everyday Mobile from Woolworths 30 day Prepaid Plan to a higher value $30 or $35 Everyday Mobile from Woolworths 30 day Prepaid Plan between 00:01 AEDT 8 November 2023 and 23:59 AEDT 31 January 2024 (Offer Period). Bonus data will be applied within 48 hours of activation or upgrade and within 48 hours of the next two (2) consecutive recharges. A failure to recharge one of the subsequent two (2) recharges within 24 hours of the 30 day Prepaid Plan expiry will remove access to the bonus data for successive recharges. Customers who downgrade to a lower value 30 day Prepaid Plan or move to an ineligible plan during the Offer Period will also lose access to the bonus data for successive recharges. Recharges on plans other than those included as part of this Offer will forfeit any future recharge bonus data under this Offer. Customers who move from a Prepaid Plan to a SIM Only Plan or who move from a SIM Only Plan to a Prepaid Plan during the Offer Period are excluded from this Offer. Any unused data will rollover in the customer's Data Bank with the next eligible 30 day Prepaid Plan recharge. Everyday Mobile from Woolworths reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Offer at any time without notice.o Offer for Everyday Rewards members to purchase $25 Starter Packs for $12.50, $30 Starter Packs for $15 and $35 Starter Packs for $17.50 from 00:01 AEDT 15 November 2023 to 23:59 28 November 2023 AEDT (Offer Period). Offer only available for customers who purchase a new $25, $30 or $35 Everyday Mobile from Woolworths Starter Pack during the Offer Period. The Offer does not apply to any ongoing recharges made to an existing Everyday Mobile from Woolworths Starter Pack after the 30 day credit expiry. Offer is available in store at Woolworths Supermarkets or online at https://mobile.everyday.com.au/. For in store purchases, purchase the relevant starter pack and scan your Everyday Rewards Card before completing your transaction. For online purchases, link your Everyday Rewards card during checkout for the Offer to be applied. This Offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer. Everyday Mobile from Woolworths reserves the right to amend this Offer at any time without notice. Everyday Rewards Terms and Conditions apply.
5G SIM Only plans
~ Sign up to a new $40 Everyday Mobile from Woolworths SIM Only Plan between 9 August 2023 00:01 AEST and 5 March 2024 23:59 AEDT and link your Everyday Rewards card during the checkout process to receive 10% off plan monthly price every month as long as you stay active on the plan and have an Everyday Rewards card. Offer not available to existing customers who change to a SIM Only Plan. Not available in conjunction with any other offer. Everyday Mobile from Woolworths reserves the right to amend the offer at any time without notice. Everyday Rewards Terms and Conditions apply.~~ Sign up to a new $50 or $60 Everyday Mobile from Woolworths SIM Only Plan between 15 November 2023 00:01 AEDT and 28 November 2023 23:59 AEDT and link your Everyday Rewards card during the checkout process to receive 15% off plan monthly price every month as long as you stay active on the plan and have an Everyday Rewards card. Offer not available to existing customers who change to a SIM Only Plan. Everyday Mobile from Woolworths reserves the right to amend the offer at any time without notice. Everyday Rewards Terms and Conditions apply. << Offer applies to new customers who activate a $40, $50, or $60 Everyday Mobile from Woolworths SIM Only Plan and existing Everyday Mobile from Woolworths customers who upgrade from an existing SIM Only Plan to a higher value $40, $50, or $60 SIM Only Plan between 00:01 AEDT on 8 November 2023 and 23:59 AEDT on 31 January 2024 (Offer Period). Bonus data will be applied within 48 hours of activation for new customers and on the next bill cycle date for upgrading customers. Bonus data will cease if a customer downgrades to a lower value SIM Only Plan or moves to an ineligible plan during the Offer Period. Any unused data at the end of the billing month will rollover in the customer’s Data Bank. Customers who move from a Prepaid Plan to a SIM Only Plan or who move from a SIM Only Plan to a Prepaid Plan during the Offer Period are excluded from this Offer. Everyday Mobile from Woolworths reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Offer at any time without notice.
In Store Only Points Offer
e Promotional period runs from 00:01 (local time) 9 August 2023 until 23:59 (local time) 5 March 2024 on Everyday Mobile from Woolworths $25, $30, $35, $100, and $170 Starter packs only. Excludes ongoing recharges. Offer is available for purchase in store at Woolworths Supermarkets only. Cannot be used online. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer unless otherwise specified. You do not need to boost this offer. To collect Bonus 500 points on $25, 1000 points on $30 and $100, 2000 points on $35 and $170 Everyday Mobile from Woolworths starter pack, purchase relevant starter pack and scan your Everyday Rewards Card before completing your transaction. You will not collect any standard Everyday Rewards points on the amount you spend on the Everyday Mobile starter packs, and will only collect the relevant number of bonus points for which you qualify under this offer. Bonus points can take up to 14 business days to be loaded onto your Everyday Rewards Card from date of purchase. The promotional period for in store transactions is based on the local time of the store you shop at in store. Limit of 5 starter packs per transaction and one transaction per day per Everyday Rewards Member. While stocks last. In addition to the above terms and conditions, by participating in the Everyday Rewards program you agree to the Everyday Rewards Terms and Conditions. You may not collect points if collecting those points would cause you to exceed 4,000 Everyday Rewards dollars as set out in those Terms and Conditions.
General & Other
1 Visit mobile.everyday.com.au/offers/10-off-your-shop for applicable terms and conditions, including eligibility criteria.
* Visit mobile.everyday.com.au/support/refer-a-friend for applicable terms and conditions.
† Woolworths Group Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 uses parts of Telstra’s 5G, 4G and 3G mobile networks. The service provides 5G Coverage reaching at least 75% of the Australian population. The Telstra Wholesale mobile coverage area footprint reaches more than 98.8% of the Australian population and covers more than 1.6 million square kilometres of the Australian landmass. Telstra’s 3G Network (850Mhz band) will close in mid-2024.
# Downloads stop when data limit is reached. Data charged in 1KB blocks.
^ To maintain Data Bank, you must recharge your Prepaid service before credit expiry or keep your payments up to date on your active Postpaid service. Refer to the CIS for more information.
※ Gift up to 50% of your Included Data per recharge or usage period to another active Everyday Mobile from Woolworths plan that includes the Data Gifting feature.
⌀ Up to 5% discount on WISH Gift Cards, Woolworths Supermarket Gift Card, BIG W Store Gift Card, BWS Store Gift Card and Dan Murphy's Store Gift Card purchased via the Woolworths Gift Cards Portal. Discount amount depends on the type of Gift Card purchased (3% off WISH Gift Cards, 4% off Woolworths Supermarket Gift Card and 5% off BIG W Store, BWS and Dan Murphy's Gift Cards). Discount will not be applied to the delivery fee if purchasing a physical Gift Card. This offer is available 1 November 2021 00:01 AEDT to 31 January 2024 23:59 AEST for Everyday Mobile from Woolworths customers who have registered and can login to the Everyday Mobile from Woolworths My Account Portal or Everyday Mobile from Woolworths app. Offer valid on Gift Cards purchased via the Woolworths Gift Cards Portal only. A minimum of $5 and a maximum of $500 can be loaded onto an Gift Card upon purchase. Maximum of 5 Gift Cards per transaction. Woolworths Group Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 is the issuer of the WISH, Woolworths Supermarket, BIG W, BWS and Dan Murphy's Store Gift Cards. All Gift Cards have no expiry date and are redeemable at participating stores only. For a list of participating stores and full Gift Card Terms and Conditions visit woolworths.com.au/giftcards. Discount will not be applied to purchase of Gift Cards purchased directly through https://giftcards.woolworths.com.au or https://www.woolworthsgiftcardstore.com.au/deal/default.
< eSIM quick connection is available on Everyday Mobile from Woolworths Prepaid, Long Expiry and SIM Only plans. If you are transferring your number from a different provider please allow for porting time, typically 4 hours (during porting hours). For coverage information please visit Network Coverage.